Delivering a quality, affordable cataract service for private patients.
Cataracts are the leading treatable cause of blindness in sub-Saharan Africa.
Financial constraints leave many patients visually impaired.
This project offers reduced costs to relieve at least some of this burden.
– Consultation R 2 000
– Cataract surgery (Ophthalmologist, Hospital & Anesthetist)
-One eye R15 000
– Both eyes R23 000
– Medication from Pharmacy: +- R600 per eye
– Ophthalmologists: Dr Lourens Coetzee/ Dr Philip Phatudi
– CORMED hospital
– Standard phaco-emulsification or manual small incision cataract surgery (MSICS)
– Mono-focal lens implantation.
– Complicated cataracts
– Pediatric cataracts
– Traumatic cataracts
– Other ocular pathology will be treated on a case to case basis and might influence decision to perform cataract surgery.